...hoot with me ( O.O )

Monday 10 October 2011

JOBLESS BIRD NO MORE

                                                                   
After graduating from college with the degree of Bachelor of Science major in Psychology seven years ago, i was actually came to a concrete belief that i will be on to the path of job correlated or i need say, a job concerning my field. But here i am...a nanny. How does it happend? Well, mismatched job is a common rundown on the double  having one direct goal...to earn. Let's say i was not lucky to get the position in megacorp where i could get my own seat at the executive level or maybe one of those carrying the load for resources. I have overlooked my cv hundred times...it's ok its well defined...i even gabbled myself in the mirror immitating the applicant interview deed. It was quite a good thing to do to exercise your self and become ready for meeting heads-on. Case in point like that can boost confidence and encouragement plus a positive thinking you can do it...

I never imagined that  my cv will be spread out all over the big city or next, less than a hundred companies have viewed it...it was just only mean a thing. Always an interviewee but never a hiree thing. I even invaded the international bizz and nothing works. What could be the reason behind this? Even some friends who's even better than i am and with some good work experiences with master's degree also got through with this and where are they now? They're also doing what i do now...

There was a shift that i felt so useless...burnt eyebrows for years to get a diploma, suffered sleepless nights, skipped meals for school projects and so on...only at the end finding myself joining the bandwagon of unemployed holders. It's depressing sometimes.

One of my friend with similar case told me to try to work as nanny abroad as i enjoy being with kids also. From the start i was very hesitate to embrace this job, but i need to earn on my own, its not good anymore to always ask financial aid from parents...they have already made me finished schooling so its the time now i work  and earn and reciprocate the  help they they gave me  for the rest of the family. So my goal now is to earn whatever job i could get. I will not waist more time again to wait for nothing by sitting down in front of the computer checking the companies reply to me or guarding my phone all the day for up coming interview calls.

Time to change the views of life by allowing this Babysitting/nannying job get through my veins and make it a domeenering plan. I noted my self introduction and everything to make it more inviting for the parents online hunting for one. I even payed a nanny site for me to reach out the parents myself at the soonest time and get the things done between us. It was like finding a needle on hay stock stuff like its very difficult to meet the parents expectations which is normal. Remember, parents always want the best for the kids, so i well understand this part of them. 

I got also many rejections as i continue to look for a family. Most of the required frame is the ability to swim, drive and expertise in CPR. These 3 has made me fell down again. Simply because i dont know how to swim, i dont have driving experience, and i never done CPR before. These three holding powers are the fundamentals; So what now? I need to crawl again to find a parents who will just agree with what i can do and accept me as i am. Again to the nth time, i beg my patience to not loosen up with the negative receptions i get all the time.

I applied in Europe, US and Middle East...I builded a comprehensive cv and description plus a very strong prayers. Yes! i got phone interviews i got so many replies...there are numbers of parents who told me that i am not fit to be a nanny that i deserved the corporate room and not just care for the babies or those energetic kids. Whoooaaa! it was a very nice compliment but as of now the luck in this part is not at my side, though, i had already my diploma, maybe still not the time...So why not pursuit this babysitting....in fact i can apply my knowledge in child psychology anyway...

The problem i have experienced in getting this job is the difficulties to get a working visa to work in US and Europe and to some state, my age affected the processing for the formalities which regulates the policy of the country so i didnt succed. In consequence with this matter, i thanked the family from four of the European states for the long-range fusion with me for my documentation.

The jobless bird is now hired. I found a match! Yes, i did it. I am now a nanny to a cute 1 and a half year old curly girl. A member of a warm funny family here in Morocco who treat me as one of their own blood. Amazing!

Thousands of people with degrees also landed in mismatched job around the world and gone proud of themselves for what they have achieved financially. As long as you enjoy what you are doing and you do the best you can, there will not be a problem for both sides. And this is what i keep always in mind as i continue, look at me now, i am really enjoying because...
  • i have loved the job...
  • i am so attached to the family...
  • i have discovered more of myself....
  • i have realized more the value of living
  • i learned to spend money rightiously
  • i became more a daughther...a sibling....
  • i recognized the importance of kids to parents in many ways
  • i learned so many things having a new phase of life  abroad

As i continue to work here under contract...I will always get back on these failures of the past because i would not be here working in the other side if i didnt get those rejections... These were the point that i stood up and moved forward... :)

I may not get a corporate seat or  wear an office uniforms, id, receive salary twice a month, work on papers with a computer in front of me, what else...have lunch with officemates blah blah blah....but i am happy now. My family has been very supportive to me, I still got my friends and even gain more and what's impotant of all... I'm EARNING :)


Related items you may perk up with:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...