...hoot with me ( O.O )

Monday, 5 November 2012


I am  sharing this process to my fellow Filipinos who wish to marry a foreign national. As a rule, every Filipino must undergo a seminar/orientation on cross cultural marriage to obtain a certificate from the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO). This is for the preparation to life abroad with a foreigner with the culture and environment that is not same. Below are the documents to bring for the seminar:

  1. Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph
  2. Duly completed guidance and counseling form
  3. If marrid, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistic Office or Local Civil Registry Offices or original photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/ Consulate (if married abroad).
  4. Other documents as may be required by the counselors
  5. Payment of P400.00 fee

When you have your valid passport and spouse or partner's visa, register with the CFO and you will then get your sticker that will be attached on your passport. Below are the documents to be submitted for CFO registration:

  1. Original and photocopy of Passport
  2. Original and photocopy of Visa
  3. Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US bound/Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada bound/Certification of Eligibility for Japan bound
  4. Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate
  5. Duly completed emigrant registration form
  6. Payment of the authorized registration fee.

Goodluck! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...